August is right around the corner, which means it’s almost the last official month of summer. Do something fun and new to make the most of the remainder of your summer- check out a few of these great “Bucket List” ideas and try making your own!
1. Get outside and admire the night sky. Try taking a blanket out to your backyard, or pitching a tent and having the true camp out experience. Even try kayaking under the stars! Watch for the full moon on August 2nd, or the Perseids Meteor Shower around August 11th and 12th.
2. Spend a day unplugged. Leave all your gadgets and electronic devices at home and take time to enjoy the day!
3. Re-invent the S’more. Add special ingredients, like caramel or popcorn, to make it your own! We love the idea to make it on a stick- with the marshmallow dipped in chocolate and rolled in crushed graham crackers- or any of these other delicious S’more treats.
4. Reread your favorite book or swap your all time favorites with a friend.
6. Make some fresh lemonade- the quintessential summer drink. Try this great recipe for raspberry lemonade. When you’re done, bring some of that homemade lemonade and have a picnic in the park. While you’re there, fly a kite!
7. Go to a drive in movie.
9. Send a message in a bottle.
10. Create your own Rock Memory Jar. On a rock, write down your favorite memories from summer vacation and display them in a glass vase. It looks beautiful and is certain to be a very special keepsake.