It’s no secret that the weather is changing. Whether you’ve begun to hear the crunch of leaves beneath your feet, or you’ve noticed the influx of fall-themed tweets, pins, & posts – it’s really hard to miss!
Cardigans and scarves are slowly working their way into our wardrobes, and we’ve officially decided to break out our boots. We might be jumping the gun a bit (it’s not that cold yet in NYC!), but here at Dear Stella we are so excited for our favorite season of all – FALL. It’s hard not to muse about fun things to do during this time of year, so we thought we may as well do so constructively…
We’re sharing our Ultimate Fall To-Do list, so read on!
1. Attend a football game. Get tickets to see your favorite professional team play, or make a trip to your college’s homecoming game. Make sure to eat at least one soft pretzel!
2. Have a Thanksgiving pot-luck a few weeks early – consider it a “taste-test” for the real thing.
3. An oldie, but goodie… Apple picking is a must! There really is something special (and tastier) about apples you’ve picked yourself.
4. Jump in a pile of leaves! Need we say more?
5. Put on your headphones and listen to some fall-inspired music. We love the album “Autumn Fallin’” by Jaymay.
6. Make a homemade warm drink for those cool nights – apple cider or hot chocolate both sound good to us!
7. Try out some seasonal recipes to go along with those drinks. At the top of our list are apple butter, pumpkin muffins, and butternut squash soup.
8. Get your friends together for a pumpkin-decorating party. Try your luck with good-old-fashioned carving, or if all else fails, bring out some paint! We are loving this chevron pumpkin.
9. Switch out your closets. Put away those worn summer clothes and break out your fall wardrobe. Bring on the cozy sweaters!
10. Go camping or hiking at least once more before it gets too cold. Bonus points: you get a workout, plus a chance to see the leaves change color.
Our favorite season officially starts tomorrow! What are you most looking forward to do this fall? Do you have any more ideas for our Ultimate Fall To-Do list? Leave a comment below letting us know!