We’re pleased to report that the temperature in New York is (very) slowly starting to warm up! We couldn’t be happier to say goodbye to our heavy coats and beat-up boots, and say HELLO to the bright colors and cheerful floral patterns of springtime!
At Dear Stella we love seasonal bucket lists. Here are some springtime activities that have made ours!
1. Warm, sunny picnics – all. the. time. We’re excited to make spring quilts that will be perfect for these outdoor adventures! Why not try this one? The pattern is the “Tipsy Triangles” quilt from the book Liberty Love, and it features our aptly-named collection Spring Street! Read more about it here.
2. Brunch alfresco! Brunch is arguably the best meal of the week (at least it’s our fave!) and eating outside sounds pretty much perfect to us!
3. Spring-ify your closet. Time to pack away those chunky knits and coats! How about sewing up some dresses with our collections on cotton shirting? Spring Street is available now, and Ludlow will be hitting stores at the end of this month. We LOVE Sew Caroline’s Belladone dress using the Ludlow Floral - read more about it here. We also made a Wiksten Tank and Michelle My Belle dress!
4. Take a stroll to your local farmers market. Need a reusable tote bag for all your fruits and veggies? Make one! We love this Grocery Tote using our super-springy Savannah (say that three times fast!) collection, which is in stores now. Read more about this project here.
5. Run or walk a 5k. Spring is the perfect season for running: it’s not too hot and not too cold. There are so many fun 5ks to participate in – get a bunch of friends together and try signing up for one! We’ve tried The Color Run and can attest to it being the “Happiest 5k on the Planet”!
Now we are itching to get started on this list! Did we miss any of your spring faves? Leave a comment letting us know!